Sunday, January 6, 2013

All shook up...

... well not exactly! Those are the lyrics to one of Elvis Presley's hit songs. The song is about being in love and all the emotional and physical things that go along with it. 

                                       

I have a word for you, Elvis didn't come up with the phrase, all shook up! 
If we take a look at Hebrews 12: 26-28 we can see what God says about being "all shook up":
When he spoke before, his voice shook the earth. But now he has promised, “Once again I will shake the earth, but I will also shake heaven.” The words “once again” clearly show us that everything that was created will be destroyed—that is, the things that can be shaken. And only what cannot be shaken will remain. So we should be thankful because we have a kingdom that cannot be shaken...
So what is God saying to us in this passage? He's saying if it can be shaken it will be shaken! And only the things of God will remain after the shaking. 

What shaking are you experiencing today? Divorce, lack, sickness, issues with your kids? So many of us face these things in our lives only to go to another person, or agency or whatever for the answer or help. Guess what? I believe God has all the answers to our problems. I'm saying this because I am convinced He does! I see so many Twitter / Facebook posts of hurting people looking for the answers to life's challenges. There are parents looking for help with their kids, men and women looking for advice and help for a multitude of things getting them down in life. Its really simple to get help from God. All you have to do is ask in faith. Faith simply defined is, believe what God says and act on it:

Take a look at Hebrews 11:6: Without faith no one can please God. Whoever comes to God must believe that he is real and that he rewards those who sincerely try to find him.

You are simply wasting your time looking for answers elsewhere! Facebook, Twitter and even Google cant help you like Jesus can. He wants to help you, He wants to lead you, He wants you to live in victory! 
I want to encourage you to take time to pray and seek His advice, His will, His plan for the challenge you are facing. Also, if you aren't involved in a great Bible preaching, Bible believing church, I want to encourage you to get in one! We need each other in this hour of history.

Look at it this way: If your financial advisor told you to invest in a particular stock and it would double, even triple your investment you'd be all over that right? Well, the King of Kings, Creator of Heaven and Earth has the answers you need to overcome the shaking in your life! Go to Him, remember He's a rewarder of those who sincerely try to find Him! We have a kingdom that can not be shaken.

If you believe that the Bible offers truth about the way to salvation, but you have not made the decision yet to become a Christian, it's as simple as praying this prayer. You can pray by yourself, using your own words. There is no special formula. Just pray from your heart to God, and He willsave you. If you feel lost and just don’t know what to pray, here’s a prayer of salvation that you can pray:
Dear Lord,
I admit that I am a sinner. I have done many things that don’t please you. I have lived my life for myself. I am sorry and I repent. I ask you to forgive me. I believe that you died on the cross for me, to save me. You did what I could not do for myself. I come to you now and ask you to take control of my life, I give it to you. Help me to live every day in a way that pleases you. I love you, Lord, and I thank you that I will spend all eternity with you.
Amen.


No comments:

Blog Archive