Friday, August 5, 2011

Want to increase your fixed income?

We hear it all the time: "Well, I can't do _______, because I'm on a fixed income," or "I'm so broke, I can't pay attention," or my favorite, "I don't get paid until____, then I can." Have you ever said or thought like that? We have been conditioned to determine our ability to do something, or go somewhere, or complete a project, based on our income.






I can remember my dad telling me when I was about 11yrs young, "Tab, the kind of job you have determines the kind of house you live in, the car you drive, the clothes you wear." I often think of those words. But then I think of what my Heavenly father says in His Word. "And God will generously provide all you need. Then you will always have everything you need and plenty left over to share with others." (2 Corinthians 9:8) I'm not suggesting a "park bench" mentality, don't quit your job and go set on a park bench somewhere and wait for God to rain down your house payment!


God's idea of a "fixed income" is found in 2 Corinthians 9:6-11: 

"Remember this—a farmer who plants only a few seeds will get a small crop. But the one who plants generously will get a generous crop.You must each decide in your heart how much to give. And don’t give reluctantly or in response to pressure. For God loves a person who gives cheerfully.And God will generously provide all you need. Then you will always have everything you need and plenty left over to share with others. As the Scriptures say, “They share freely and give generously to the poor. Their good deeds will be remembered forever.” For God is the one who provides seed for the farmer and then bread to eat. In the same way, he will provide and increase your resources and then produce a great harvest of generosity in you.Yes, you will be enriched in every way so that you can always be generous."






So we see from scripture, planting seeds is God's way of setting us up on His "fixed income." As described above, it's like farming! If you need corn you plant corn seeds, if you need carrots, you plant carrot seeds, and so on. No need to wait until the first of the month for a check, no need to depend on the government or your employer for income. The word says God will generously provide all you need and you will have plenty left over to share! Our part is to plant the seed. All that really involves is giving (in this context) money! If you need money to pay your utilities, find someone who needs help with their utilities. If you need groceries, find someone to help that needs groceries. It's an ongoing cycle set in motion by God for our benefit! And just like a garden, as time goes on you will discover that God will enrich you in every way so you can always be generous. Start giving today, God loves a cheerful giver! 






If you have not selected "follow this blog" located to the right, please do that today. Thank you!

No comments:

Blog Archive